Menswear

Seungmin Koh!

Koh! is a menswear designer based in Seoul and London. She explores the spectra of emotion. Her works represent that our minds are highly complicated and undefinable, and this complexity unites us.

Degree Details

School of Design

Menswear
Seungmin Koh!

The first thing I do when I create is to select a text and expand the images from there. This is because I think Image provide limited text, but the text provides infinite images. In general, I strongly inspired by emotion, especially the spectrum of emotions that considered 'negative', such as fear, anger, anxiety. This is because I believe in the power of 'Catharsis' that I can eventually feel from these emotions. 

The text chosen in this collection is fear which is the most distinctive emotion that currently surrounds the world. Fear from the pandemic is gripping everyone. Even though this will leave the scar and trauma for all of us, if we face this situation and accept it with a positive mind, and if we adapt and overcome it together as a community, we will finally be able to feel catharsis.

Fear makes the world go round.
Fear makes the world go round.
Fear, Trauma, Catharsis
Fear, Trauma, Catharsis
Facing scars. Ruminating the scars. Beyond the scars
Line up sketch
Line up sketch

I strongly inspired by emotion, especially the spectrum of emotions that considered 'negative', such as fear, anger, anxiety. This is because I believe in the power of 'Catharsis' that I can eventually feel from these emotions. 

Spiral
Spiral
Blind
Blind
Recovery
Recovery
Scars
Scars
Crumble
Crumble
Twist
Twist
Pus
Pus

Size:

7minutes 1second