Service Design (MA)

Shiming Zhao

HEY

HEY is a B2B&B2C platform, collaborating with primary schools and local businesses.

HEY is an inclusive, entertaining, open, and fun platform for migrant children in primary school's 2nd and 3rd grades. We help them improve their well-beings through social adaption. HEY delivers learning materials and fun activities about local culture for all students and teachers via a monthly online or physical magazine. Besides, teachers, parents, and children can share their experiences in the HEY Community, like group chat, post their experience on the forum. HEY builds the connection between migrants and locals, creates a new culture for the city and builds a sense of belonging for migrant children and their families.

Shiming Zhao

I majored in advertising for my BA and was a freelancer in graphic design and photography. I also worked as a journalist for about a year in China. I am honored to study service design in RCA and work with talents from different backgrounds. From my perspective, I am interested in children's education, and I hope I can create more and more happiness for them.

Understanding the migrant situation
Understanding the migrant situation — Currently, there are 34,910,000 Migrants children in China. They live in unstable conditions, less social support and attention, the lower bottom of society, and marginalized from the major society with limited educational resources. At the same time, it brings many obstacles to the children's psychological and social aspects.
Understanding the migrant situation
Understanding the migrant situation — I try to understand the migrant situation with the early prototype. We created Social media-GOGOGO and shared about migrant children topics.
Defining the
stakeholder map
Defining the
stakeholder map — Simultaneously, I found different stakeholders from different backgrounds.
The migration journey of migrant children
The migration journey of migrant children — To live with their parents, migrant children start to migrate since they are second or third grade…
How their external life affects internal life?
How their external life affects internal life? — There are three perspectives to analyse the situation of migrant children.
Insights
Insights — There are two insights. Firstly, migrant children get less social support to have a good social adaptation. Secondly, A school is a powerful education and social touchpoint. So how might we help migrant children in 2nd-3rd grades in primary school socially adapt to improve their well-being with the social support and backing from teachers and primary schools?
Introduction of HEY-service and Prototype with three primary schools in China — HEY is an inclusive, entertaining, open, and fun platform for migrant children in primary school's 2nd and 3rd grades. HEY-service is a monthly loop. And collaborate with the activities class in primary school.
HEY- service monthly loop
HEY- service monthly loop
HEY- workshop
HEY- workshop — Firstly, HEY runs the workshop and develops the HEY magazine(Monthly popular science of local culture+Monthly activity + Review works from last month's makeup hey magazine). We can invite experts, psychologists, designers, and theme guest(like local businesses from local food, local cultural centers…)with the HEY-Workshop toolkit.
HEY-Workshop toolkit guidelines
HEY-Workshop toolkit guidelines
HEY-magazine
HEY-magazine — Secondly, HEY delivers popular science and related fun activities about local culture for all students and teachers via a monthly online or physical magazine.
HEY-community — After the new learning and activities, teachers, parents, and children can share their experiences in the HEY Community, like group chat, post their experience on the forum to build HEY-connection.
Review the user journey
Review the user journey
Value map in HEY-service
Value map in HEY-service — Hey, provide magazines, community, and shop for migrant children, migrant families, and schools to create a sense of belonging for migrant Children and migrant families. Hey provides HEY products and co-design workshops with local businesses to co-design HEY- magazine, which can help them gain social responsibility, valuable opportunities to cooperate with schools.Hey, provides hey- community for users and researchers of migrant children can share their experiences and get academic data.
HEY-February
HEY-February
HEY-March
HEY-March
HEY-April
HEY-April
HEY-May
HEY-May
HEY-merchandises
HEY-merchandises
HEY-leaflets
HEY-leaflets
HEY-leaflets
HEY-leaflets
HEY-campaign
HEY-campaign
HEY-shop in shop
HEY-shop in shop
Thanks
Thanks — Thanks to all stakeholders and three schools (Maqizhai Primary School,Xi’an, Dongfang Third Elementary School, Luoyang, Peony District Great Wall School, Heze) in China, I hope people enjoy HEY. If you are interested in HEY, please contact me directly. Thanks for your visit.

Medium:

Branding&User interface&Magazine&Toolkits

Size:

N/A