Footwear, Accessories, Millinery & Eyewear

Yunpei Li

London based fashion designer, performer artist and stylist Yunpei Li explores natural body shape, encouraging women to enjoy and celebrate their bodies that break traditional aesthetics norms. Notable for her pneumatic accessories beyond conventional beauty that goes beyond the traditional, she pushes the boundaries between body and garment, exploring body shape and movement. She aims to build her own female community, where women of different body shapes and ages can participate in her work and experience the changes in the flow of air on the body.

Yunpei Li

Yunpei aims to include her skin and more importantly her bodily form into her garments. Noting that lots of women lack body self-confidence and are anxious about their current body shape,she wants to encourage people to enjoy natural figure by her work. Because some people always call the extra flesh on belly swimming ring, she turned the joke into a part of the body. Compatible with natural skin and flesh,choosing which areas of the body she wants to expose,she combined the swimming ring and the body into another kind of beauty.

Play with My Belly — I used the video to record my usual interaction with my belly. I like to knead and shake my belly because it’s soft and round enough. The sound in the video is the voice of intestine movement from my stomach. These are two things I like to do at home.This is a little joy in our life.
projection 1
projection 1
projection 2
projection 2
projection 3
projection 3
printing
printing
air movement-iteration 1
air movement-iteration 2
air movement-iteration 2
air movement-iteration 3
air movement-iteration 3

Medium:

latex lycra leather
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]

In Collaboration with:

Wing Ka Ho Jimmi

Photographer

Sylke van der Heiden

Model

[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]

In Collaboration with:

Wing Ka Ho Jimmi

Photographer

Yunpei Li

Model