Womenswear

Giulia Lombardi

Originally from Italy, Giulia Lombardi is a fashion designer.

With a background of fashion design study in Italy and previous experiences in both menswear and womenswear design studios, she is graduating from Royal College of Art Fashion MA in 2021.

Despite her high sensibility to Womenswear, she likes to define her practice as an open communication between womenswear, menswear and accessories.

In her works, self-expression and a high understanding of quality represent the main foundation.

Experimentation of new creative processes, use of upcycling and dead stocks are key to her practice.

Degree Details

School of Design

Womenswear
Giulia Lombardi

All my projects start from something that is strictly related to my personal experience. I've always been very attracted by the power that objects and relationships have in the definition of who we are.

I don't want to be limited by boundaries during my process ; I feel inspired by not having limits and I like to use different sources or methods.

Despite that, I do see a common thread that links my projects ; the open communication between menswear and womenswear, clothes and accessories, nostalgia and present.

I am always looking to find an harmonic balance between opposites, to combine elements that have different origins .

I enjoy the whole process of creation and I always fit every single piece of clothing/accessory on me or on my friends ; testing and recording is fundamental to me. Wearability and durability are two key aspects to my practice ; I like to dress people who live in the contemporary society, to whom I can relate.

I have a deep love for details ; the real concept of modern luxury lays in features.

[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]

Credits

Nicolò Parsenziani_ photographer

Alessandro Oggianu _ stylist and set curation

Agata (monster badd management) _ model

Selene Tessera_ make up

[untitled]
— preface
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]
[untitled]